Tuesday 11 March 2008

I'm aggressive, John is passive!

Every problem I've had with men was all about my aggression. For years I thought it was all about men, but it was actually all about me. When a man meets a woman they eventually compete for control. And men win; they put their feet up and watch telly, the woman makes the tea. Okay, some men are hen-pecked; they accept bossy behaviour from their wives, but it's rare when you think about it. It's true that strange things happen behind closed doors, but that's usually about sex, not lifestyle. My John was different. Instead of fighting me he sat me down and told me the truth about myself. If I fight you and win, he told me, I'll lose you. If I fight you and lose, you won't have any respect for me. The upshot was that I got my way. If I wanted to stay in, we'd stay in. If I wanted to go out, we'd go out and I'd decide where. If he wanted tea in bed, he got it himself. If I wanted tea in bed, he got it for me.
It worked. It may not have worked in the bedroom but that's where luck comes in. You see John is passive when it comes to intimacy. I'd pretty much sussed him out from the first date. Not only did I ask him for a date; I kissed him before he even thought about making a move himself.
Now I want to make something clear right now; I'm not overly aggressive in the bedroom, I don't get any kind of kick from manhandling my man if you know what I mean. If I end up controlling anyone it's because I'm naturally selfish. I'm good at sex. I've had a lot of experience. Just 'cos I like a man doesn't mean I'll lie back and allow his inexperience to spoil my enjoyment. I'm not alone in this; you only have to watch a decent film to note that 'women on top' is pretty much par for the course these days. And, without going into specifics, positionally-speaking 'women on top' makes a lot of sense. So, to sum up, I make love to John. Not because I'm aggressive. Not because he's scared of me. But because it makes sense in terms of pure enjoyment. You can see though where this leads to, can't you? My man lets me have my own way, I make the decisions, he makes the tea. He lies on his back, stares at the ceiling, and I make love to him! Then to cap it all he accepts not just a slap in the face from time to time - but formal punishment sessions! And that was before marriage!

No comments: